CGPersia Forums

CGPersia Forums (http://forum.cgpersia.com/)
-   Full Applications - Requests (http://forum.cgpersia.com/full-applications-requests/)
-   -   octane render x64 v1.0 beta 2.2 (http://forum.cgpersia.com/f19/octane-render-x64-v1-0-beta-2-2-a-15564/)

patar3d 06-17-2010 07:21 AM

octane render x64 v1.0 beta 2.2

hi i found this on other board
too bad it doesnt have maya plugin export if someone has it and willing to share it ... that would be great

hxxp://rapidshare.com/files/397501044/Oct1x64.rar.html
hxxp://hotfile.com/dl/47501501/947a2ff/Oct1x64.rar.html

mmikemott 06-17-2010 07:30 AM

I thought this was on the "endangered species" list? OH GOD THE DRUGS

patar3d 06-17-2010 07:36 AM

indeed

Georgeivan 06-17-2010 07:58 AM

Tested but lots of bug yet

qbicksan 06-17-2010 08:14 AM

32bit???

zerobot 06-17-2010 11:22 AM

is there a crack for this? i'm at least thankful for the documentation which was lacking from the demo version i downloaded... having a lot of crashes in the demo unfortunately, maybe my gpu can't cut it. :(

seghier 06-17-2010 01:31 PM

cracked or not ?
can try it in pc without cuda support like arion ?

patar3d 06-17-2010 01:37 PM

cracked

patar3d 06-17-2010 01:38 PM

no cuda no go octane is not a hybrid (cpu+gpu) its pure gpu

gedfrost 06-17-2010 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patar3d (Post 86915)
no cuda no go octane is not a hybrid (cpu+gpu) its pure gpu

does anyone have plugins?

patar3d 06-17-2010 02:14 PM

share the plugins please... the plugins is only downloadable on the forum for licensed costumer only....

cgikid 06-17-2010 02:22 PM

octane was only 49 euros a couple of weeks ago.....you should have gone for it!

patar3d 06-17-2010 02:31 PM

can u get the one for maya?

patar3d 06-17-2010 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cgikid (Post 86935)
octane was only 49 euros a couple of weeks ago.....you should have gone for it!

I've never spent money for buying software, and im not going to start anytime soon... not in the near future...

gedfrost 06-17-2010 02:39 PM

actually i was thinking about buy arion or octane but after try arion im glad that i didnt buy arion because its slow even with my computer. and im not going to buy octane until i try octane with full capacity.
i tried furryball's demo its fater than arion and octane. next couple days im gonna play with octane. than i think i buy furry...

Argasio 06-17-2010 02:39 PM

cracked softwares should be used only by the people who learn certain softwares and don't earn anything from that ..but if you do it for a job I think you should buy it.
Anyway,does this work? is it full? has it viruses or something?

patar3d 06-17-2010 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Argasio (Post 86951)
cracked softwares should be used only by the people who learn certain softwares and don't earn anything from that ..but if you do it for a job I think you should buy it.

bla bla bla i think ive heard this before.....sumwhere ...
what if u lived in a country where the fee is not enough to buy license?just barely enough to feed your family....if u ask for more money sum1 will do it for less... did it occur to u that not everyone lived in a great country wheres art is more appreciated?

gedfrost 06-17-2010 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Argasio (Post 86951)

right now im playing with it. works and no viruses.
but plugins would be great.

tsar 06-17-2010 03:08 PM

yes....dont buy it.....

Argasio 06-17-2010 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patar3d (Post 86960)
bla bla bla i think ive heard this before.....sumwhere ...
what if u lived in a country where the fee is not enough to buy license?just barely enough to feed your family....if u ask for more money sum1 will do it for less... did it occur to u that not everyone lived in a great country wheres art is more appreciated?

That was just my opinion don't be frustrated because i've expressed it.

Nirrol 06-17-2010 05:22 PM

Patar3d - you are missing the point. You buy software, and it's licence, not just for ONE project, but for any FUTURE projects. If you don't make enough money to feed your family, why don't you sell your computer?

ariesr1 06-17-2010 08:39 PM

me too...

GeorgoSK 06-17-2010 08:54 PM

Guys if you cracked it fine...this is warez, I won't fight it.

But still.... :- D One thing I gotta say :

Petar, are you a poor african... ? If you can use Octane you prolly have quite good (and expensive) computer don't you... ? Don't be hypocritical you retard , and stop using imbecile arguments, just say you don't like paying ok ? Don't make illogical explanations

johan 06-17-2010 09:15 PM

I support cracking and distribution of any software.

Unless I need that software to earn money using it, I am not going to pay for it. That's why noncommercial licenses are pure shit. If I will use it commercially, I will buy full software, if I use it for fun, I won't pay you, get out.

GeorgoSK 06-17-2010 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johan (Post 87154)
I support cracking and distribution of any software.

Unless I need that software to earn money using it, I am not going to pay for it. That's why noncommercial licenses are pure shit. If I will use it commercially, I will buy full software, if I use it for fun, I won't pay you, get out.

Another non-sense talking idiot. Download it, enjoy it, don't offer your imbecile outlook on life.
This software is not for pure money making, mere few percent will use it commercially. By paying for it you're paying for developing something you like, according to your wishes. But that is something you wouldn't understand.

Argasio 06-17-2010 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GeorgoSK (Post 87159)
Another non-sense talking idiot. Download it, enjoy it, don't offer your imbecile outlook on life.
This software is not for pure money making, mere few percent will use it commercially. By paying for it you're paying for developing something you like, according to your wishes. But that is something you wouldn't understand.

Georgo...tell me a thing..

for you
1) people shouldn't use warez if they earn money using them...ok that's fine I totally agree with you.
2) people shouldn't use warez if they use it for a no-profit hobby or learning purpose.....I don't agree

ERGO If your statements are true nobody should use warez....so why are you here?

it's just a question don't get me wrong.

GeorgoSK 06-17-2010 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Argasio (Post 87161)
Georgo...tell me a thing..

for you
1) people shouldn't use warez if they earn money using them...ok that's fine I totally agree with you.
2) people shouldn't use warez if they use it for a no-profit hobby or learning purpose.....I don't agree

ERGO If your statements are true nobody should use warez....so why are you here?

it's just a question don't get me wrong.

Look, I am here because my sin is using warez too. I just don't feel so great about it that I need to make idiot statements how it's absolutely great thing to do at all times, in every case.

What he said was pure bull-shit, I reacted to it.

Edit: just continuing:

Way you stated things, I agree with you. That's how I use warez, learn software I would never be able to buy (3ds Max). But certain people in this thread just state really imbecile stuff. I like this community,...it's just..it's full of kids(mentally) like everywhere...

Like most things in life, they should be considered case by case. Some people are greedy and want money for something that's not really worth it. Maker of Octane, on other is really great and honest guy, I feel it's one of the best money I ever spend on software, giving it to him. I am not using Octane to make profit, just for fun, but I still want to pay for it, because I like it, that's what some people do. You just want to have it....fine, this is warez in the end.
But I am a man of temper, and I am gonna get angry every time someone makes ridicoulous statements.

Blah..I am out. I don't need flamewar. This is warez. Go ahed. Enjoy ;- )
But like most honest crackers use to say...if you like this, consider buying it.

johan 06-17-2010 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GeorgoSK (Post 87159)

Why the fuck am I not allowed to offer something? I offer, you either accept or decline, don't tell me what I can or can't do.
If I will "like" it enough, I will obviously pay for it. But I don't, so I won't pay for it.

It's like with movies and games and all other crap, I like it, but not enough to pay for them. Ofc there are ones that I really liked and thus I bought them

Oblique 06-17-2010 09:51 PM

And we're getting into this debate again. Just quiet down and enjoy your damn crack, and for christ's sake pay the poor guy if you enjoy the software.

GeorgoSK 06-17-2010 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johan (Post 87166)
Why the fuck am I not allowed to offer something? I offer, you either accept or decline, don't tell me what I can or can't do.
If I will "like" it enough, I will obviously pay for it. But I don't, so I won't pay for it.

It's like with movies and games and all other crap, I like it, but not enough to pay for them. Ofc there are ones that I really liked and thus I bought them

Like I said...go ahead and enjoy it ;- ) Oblique is right, this debate is pointless.

But look..now you said you'll "obviously" buy it if you like it, doesn't it contradict your previous statement mr. smart... ? Now this is completely ok, see... ? Now enjoy your Octane.

RNGD 06-17-2010 10:05 PM

This is a nice piece of coding, I paid for it and got others to pay. Of course this is a very diverse community and there are hobbysts as well as pros, and everything in between.

So, if you get something in return from the software and pay for it, good for you. If you learn from it in ways that would be impossible if not for warez, good for you too. And if you just collect installations of software you woulnd't pay for anyway, again, good for you.

Thanks to all that contribute, some contributors actually pay for what they share, since they use it commercially. I guess what I really want to say is just: I <3 CGP.

shagr14 06-17-2010 10:07 PM

I don't get the arguement here. If you're using warez for production you're a fool. Eventually your product may land on law abiding governed lands. In which at that point you would be responsible for all copywrite laws. Warez is illegal simply that. Ok great I personally think its perfect to LEARN with. Using it for production in which you might earn a profit, you deserve whatever penalties are sent your way. Some companies won't bother with it. Actually most large companies won't worry about the single user, because they know very well most of those people are using it to learn and will eventually use it as a profit maker and actually pay for the program. Now if a major company or an actual production studio used warez and gained profit, then those developers can go after them for a financial gain via a lawsuit. Its not like suing an average person learning is going to be worth a lawsuit.

Oblique 06-17-2010 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shagr14 (Post 87181)
I don't get the arguement here. If you're using warez for production you're a fool. Eventually your product may land on law abiding governed lands. In which at that point you would be responsible for all copywrite laws. Warez is illegal simply that. Ok great I personally think its perfect to LEARN with. Using it for production in which you might earn a profit, you deserve whatever penalties are sent your way. Some companies won't bother with it. Actually most large companies won't worry about the single user, because they know very well most of those people are using it to learn and will eventually use it as a profit maker and actually pay for the program. Now if a major company or an actual production studio used warez and gained profit, then those developers can go after them for a financial gain via a lawsuit. Its not like suing an average person learning is going to be worth a lawsuit.

Octane isn't quite ready for production yet, which is why he's aiming at hobbyists.

Argasio 06-17-2010 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GeorgoSK (Post 87164)
Look, I am here because my sin is using warez too. I just don't feel so great about it that I need to make idiot statements how it's absolutely great thing to do at all times, in every case.

What he said was pure bull-shit, I reacted to it.

Edit: just continuing:

Way you stated things, I agree with you. That's how I use warez, learn software I would never be able to buy (3ds Max). But certain people in this thread just state really imbecile stuff. I like this community,...it's just..it's full of kids(mentally) like everywhere...

Like most things in life, they should be considered case by case. Some people are greedy and want money for something that's not really worth it. Maker of Octane, on other is really great and honest guy, I feel it's one of the best money I ever spend on software, giving it to him. I am not using Octane to make profit, just for fun, but I still want to pay for it, because I like it, that's what some people do. You just want to have it....fine, this is warez in the end.
But I am a man of temper, and I am gonna get angry every time someone makes ridicoulous statements.

Blah..I am out. I don't need flamewar. This is warez. Go ahed. Enjoy ;- )
But like most honest crackers use to say...if you like this, consider buying it.

Ok,Ok thanks for the answer, well you are completely right.
i use warez to try,they are the only way to learn a software seriously and the only true way to compare it with his concourrents to be abke to choose which is better for your needs :D

sam375 06-17-2010 10:36 PM

so no one willing to share his max plugin with us ?

patar3d 06-18-2010 02:20 AM

so what i have to pay for this windows... winrar ... adobe stuffs... autodesk stuffs... im not african... and yes i have a pretty good system for rendering.... but i wont spend it on software coz i just dont have enough for it.... sorry....if i have those kind of money i rather spend it on car or house... u c my point? to me theyre more important and i cant afford it yet.... u retard... its obvious which more important!!!

patar3d 06-18-2010 02:38 AM

c to be legit i have 4 pc so i have to buy all those windows , maya, houdini, zbrush, after effects, photoshop, mudbox, times 4 for so before i can spend hundreds of thousand dollar for software i think i got lots of stuffs on my priority list... its not just a matter of a few hundred dollar...

patar3d 06-18-2010 02:40 AM

err maybe not hundreds of thousands but still i think u got my point

Stolendream 06-18-2010 02:47 AM

Yea, we see your point. You need to Grow The Fuck Up.

patar3d 06-18-2010 02:55 AM

to be more like u? no thanks...im happier this way...

patar3d 06-18-2010 03:26 AM

if im about to buy this little itty bitty program whats causing the double standard....
if i have to buy this means i have to buy winrar, i have to buy quicktime, i have to buy divx, plus all little itty bitty program that i might used... times 4 i think it can be several thousands... hell i dont use this itty bitty programs for work yet! as its not production ready yet....
what im saying is u dont understand how is it in here.... almost 99% in here are warez even police department dont use legit software...big company can afford like 1-2 license while their using hundreds of pc...

PoopaScoop 06-18-2010 08:40 AM

Unlike all those other ittybitty programs, that are florishing, Octane hasn't even gotten out of beta.
As you have blindly missed this is the reason people are defending this program, becuase it's in it's infancy. If obviously well-off individuals, who actually like the program, won't even support it by purchasing a single, "cheap assed" copy, then it is doomed. And that's the point everyone is making.

patar3d 06-18-2010 09:21 AM

piracy is stealing everyone has their own reason to use or not to use pirated software.
u can not force ppl to c things your way. in the end we all responsible for our own action. so do what u want choose what u want and take responsiblity when it hits your head..i have my values.. u have yours..

Argasio 06-18-2010 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patar3d (Post 87333)
if im about to buy this little itty bitty program whats causing the double standard....
if i have to buy this means i have to buy winrar, i have to buy quicktime, i have to buy divx, plus all little itty bitty program that i might used... times 4 i think it can be several thousands... hell i dont use this itty bitty programs for work yet! as its not production ready yet....
what im saying is u dont understand how is it in here.... almost 99% in here are warez even police department dont use legit software...big company can afford like 1-2 license while their using hundreds of pc...

according to your statements nobody neither big companies or the state buys softwares neither should ""poor"" people like you.....so...tell me why software houses still exists?why do they make moneys?

Do you know why?

It's Because you are wrong,maybe someone thinking like you do never buys a software even if he use it for making moneys,but people are more honest than you think.

JohnyD 06-18-2010 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patar3d (Post 87455)
piracy is stealing everyone has their own reason to use or not to use pirated software.
u can not force ppl to c things your way. in the end we all responsible for our own action. so do what u want choose what u want and take responsiblity when it hits your head..i have my values.. u have yours..

your values have nothing to do with what he's saying though. the only point you've tried to make is if you'd buy one software, you would have to buy everything else you've used times 4 which, sure, would probably be too much for most people. but he's only talking about octane though, a 99 euro software which hardly costs the same as a car or house (circa 400euros if you want it for all 4 computers you own). it's not too much to ask if you are making money of it. after all, if no one buys it, then it will discontinue (not may, WILL). that's the only reason they are still arguing with you about the stupidity of your way of thinking.

personally I don't even see the point in getting something that's not a 100% production-ready, but if it's enough to make your income, then you should support the developer, or if not him, support the software.

patar3d 06-18-2010 10:19 AM

anyone here making money out of octane?is it even possible?if no... why buy it?to me its just a toy... if i dont get to play with it ill play with another...

bozilla 06-18-2010 11:16 AM

put the dam plugin

IN10Se 06-18-2010 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stolendream (Post 87322)
Yea, we see your point. You need to Grow The Fuck Up.

I canīt help myself but everytime I read your posts I is see a big pink dildo under your Headbanger ... why is it so, Stolendream?

higgledyhiggles 06-18-2010 06:01 PM

support the developers or Microsoft is the only company that will survive.. eeek the horror.

It`s too early to be buying any GPU rendering software. They all need seamless integration into the packages we are using.
The demo I saw of VrayRT GPU was impressive but also rather crap as you have to run weird scripts to get it going. Once it`s a single button press like the active shader window (ie like VRay RT) then it`ll be extremely tempting.
Same goes for the Arion/Octane stuff. Unless it`s properly integrated into a cg pipeline, its very hard to justify adding to any production line. I use max with Vray so I can`t see how to put Arion/Octane to best use ?

The GPU rendering phenomenon has yielded too many render engines that don`t fit my workflow, short of changing engines. Maybe you guys who`ve been playing with Arion/Octane can answer ? I don`t really get on with Maxwell/FryRender etc, they`re beyond what I need. Maybe just wait for VrayGPU.

The other problem is (even though cheap) Octane is at beta. How do I know it will ever be developed past this stage ? For a studio you need some future proofing. As a smaller developer there`s always a possibilty that Arion, Maxwell or Vray will crush it and it`ll never reach a version 1.0.

Everyone`s trying to be first to market instead of releasing a more mature tool. It`s the nature of the business world right now. Unfortunately this doesn`t sit well with the studio philosophy which generally requires stability.

higgles

higgledyhiggles 06-18-2010 06:08 PM

IN10Se:
Calm down...

Besides whenever I look at the MetalBanger avatar thing I think, get a haircut and listen to proper music like Beethoven, or the Bee Gees.
8)