CGPersia Forums
Release Blog CGPeers IRC Chat Register FAQ
Go Back   CGPersia Forums > CGPersia Home > General CG Help & Support
Reload this Page Adobe Premiere Pro CS5 v5.0.3 not playing videos, neither in Source nor in Program Video.
General CG Help & Support Baffled by something? Ask for support here! NOT FOR SITE ISSUES OR REQUESTS

Old 03-02-2013   #1
Original Poster
Thanks (Given): 15
Thanks (Received): 10
Default Adobe Premiere Pro CS5 v5.0.3 not playing videos, neither in Source nor in Program Video.

This site got me crying when it wasnt up for almost 2 days :/

Coming back to topic, I am using the above mentioned software version on Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit, a AMD Phenom II x4 965 BE with 16gigs of RAM, an AMD FirePro 4900 1giga card and 2TB + 500gb SATA hdd.

I have a Canon A2300 Digital camera, most of you wont even know that such low end models exists in this world. It records a 720p video. I will be attaching that type of file "in the end". *Linkin Park?*

Now the problem is I used to edit my files previously on the same version before i formatted my pc. Now none of the videos play in Adobe. They play without any problems on my pc when played on VLC.

Adding more VLC Player installed, divx xvid codecs installed. I even installed the Klite codec mega pack 9.7.5, both the 32 bit version as well as 64 bit version *just to be sure that none of the codecs are giving the problem*

I sent those video files to other team mates who dont have a better config than mine. And to my horror, they are playing pretty fine on their systems. *dead* *wasnt able to sleep after that*

How do I proceed with editing such a video. Its an avi with something related to mpeg2. Is it the codec giving problem or the setup that i have used. Setup installed without any problem.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jQbHMj26FI

---------- Post added at 09:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:55 AM ----------

104 views but not a single help :/ Sob sob

Donate Blood, Save Life. Tomorrow you/your family might need it
is Offline  
Old 03-02-2013   #2
zaid_11
Thanks (Given): 913
Thanks (Received): 54
Just install (QuickTime)
Old 03-02-2013   #3
phoenix1987
Original Poster
Have installed quicktime 7.7.3 pro :/

is Offline  
Old 03-03-2013   #4
shinobi1
Thanks (Given): 954
Thanks (Received): 259
Does PP play any videos or just not your old ones?
If it plays some other videos and just not your old ones (you should just make some and test in after effects using simple compressors), then its a codec issue.
You can open the video files in VLC or QUictkime, etc. and view the videos properties. This will tell you which codecs you may be missing.

If you were missing high end codecs (doesnt look like that is your case) you could try Calibrated codecs by Xforce, many people here run into that problem with Avid IMX, etc.

Make sure to hit the Thanks button if people take the time to try to help you.

Good luck.
The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at and repair.
is Online  
1 Thanks, 0 . - phoenix1987 thanked for this post
Old 03-03-2013   #5
phoenix1987
Original Poster
I thought Reformatting my disk was a better idea and you know what, it worked (^_^) Thanks everybody for your precious time. >_<

Tc and wish you all luck and success for your future ahead.

is Offline