CGPersia Forums
Release Blog CGPeers Register FAQ IRC Chat
Go Back   CGPersia Forums > CGPersia Home > General CG Help & Support
Reload this Page after effect unicode error 23::46
General CG Help & Support Baffled by something? Ask for support here! NOT FOR SITE ISSUES OR REQUESTS

Old 04-01-2011   #1
Original Poster
Thanks (Given): 84
Thanks (Received): 184
Default after effect unicode error 23::46

Hi, I was just wandering if anyone has run into the problem of files getting rejected from AE even though they work on the windows desktop, from a stupid unicode conversion error 23::46 or something. even if i reencode the files it still gives me this error, i have tried the adobe fixe to put a ~ before the rmt files in the relevant folders but this does nothing, and my drive is not in any weird language. it appears to only do this with files that have alphas for some reason?
is Offline  
1 Thanks, 0 . - Hassam Tariq thanked for this post
Old 04-01-2011   #2
Cloakfiend
Original Poster
Just dragging the file onto the desktop and importing it works, but reading from the other HDD or rendering the same file onto the HDD will give me that stupid error. Its a drive issue or naming of the drive or some kind of shit related to the path, but im not sure what to do with the drive to make it work, i just converted it from a dynamic disk to a basic disk hoping something would change, but no luck. any ideas? adobe people out there, a fix would be nice, this is a fucking joke!
is Offline  
Old 04-01-2011   #3
Cloakfiend
Original Poster
OK, i finally found the problem, fucking folder renaming issue when i copied a folder from mac os to windows. As there appeared to be a blank space after one folder name the windows stupidly replaced the blank space with a weird dot, unicode i assume, so this obviously fucked shit up and pissed all over how after effects works and wasted my day... so to anyone out there regularly moving shit across platforms, beware of this shit!

Peace, CF.
is Offline