CGPersia Forums
Release Blog CGPeers IRC Chat Register FAQ
Go Back   CGPersia Forums > CGPersia Home > General CG Help & Support
Reload this Page background gradient
General CG Help & Support Baffled by something? Ask for support here! NOT FOR SITE ISSUES OR REQUESTS

Old 12-24-2012   #1
Original Poster
Thanks (Given): 3
Thanks (Received): 0
Default background gradient

hi everybody
Im asking you a beginer question .
no matter how I render, 8bit, 16 or 32bit in cinema 4d r13 , i cant get the background gradient to look ok
and look like in this image ( cant upload the image because Im not level 10 ( )
but probably you know what im mean about the gradient is not smooth and make some circles

can anyone help me understand where im wrong ?
thank you very much
is Offline  
Old 12-24-2012   #2
breeze1
Thanks (Given): 196
Thanks (Received): 247
That probably has nothing to do with the bitdepth. Check your gammasettings, be sure you are viewing it in srgb
is Online  
1 Thanks, 0 . - davnis thanked for this post
Old 12-25-2012   #3
Delighter
Thanks (Given): 81
Thanks (Received): 7
It's called "banding". Color banding or gradient banding.
Google for it.

I found this free Photoshop actions.
Link(s):

Discussion on this actions:
Link(s):

Do you apply post processing to render?
is Offline  
Old 12-25-2012   #4
davnis
Original Poster
thank you very much for reply! I didnt aplly any effects after render, only render. i know that on after effects got this problems once and solved it by changing the 8bit to 16bit or 32bit, but on c4d i dont know how to fix it. im very shure dont need any photoshop touch and the render should look briliant even from render only. I will check your answer breezeq. something happen when I change the srgb or linear but not 100% ok, thank you very much both of you. hope this will fix it after I will search more info about it. Happy Christamas
is Offline  
Old 12-25-2012   #5
blipp
Thanks (Given): 472
Thanks (Received): 190
Should this be in this section?
Old 12-25-2012   #6
breeze1
Thanks (Given): 196
Thanks (Received): 247
It obviously should not no, however since its christmas; Banding should not occur on an out-of-the-box render, it usually happens when you're pushing it too far during post production cause there is not enough information to create smooth gradients, so the gaps of information are showed by banding, mostly in solid-color areas. In any case, you should read up on linear workflow and gamma correction, if you are doing this part wrong it could be the cause of gaps of information in your final render, or rather your conversion to a different colorspace. Good luck & happy christmas to you too.

Ps. Make sure you are zoomed in at 100%, if the banding goes away it's a software issue and it has nothing to do with the image itself.
is Online  
Old 12-25-2012   #7
davnis
Original Poster
blip, is so important for you if you see this post here or elswere ? I tihnk a good atitude was to help if you can and not be rude. simple thinking man have your atitude. good luck
is Offline  
Old 12-26-2012   #8
blipp
Thanks (Given): 472
Thanks (Received): 190
Link(s):

I was in no way trying to be rude or to insult you. Too bad you felt like being attacked by my comment, but I guess that's the general trend as of late on this site so I shall not care for your remark.

You could, however, see my comment as 'help' to you to make sure your question gets the attention it deserves. Whatever suits you though, as of now I couldn't care less. Have a good one.

Good attitude my ass, doesn't even have the decency to reply.

Last edited by blipp; 12-27-2012 at 12:30 PM.
is Offline