CGPersia Forums
Release Blog CGPeers IRC Chat Register FAQ
Go Back   CGPersia Forums > CGPersia Home > General CG Help & Support
Reload this Page CS5 won't install after CS6 uninstall
General CG Help & Support Baffled by something? Ask for support here! NOT FOR SITE ISSUES OR REQUESTS

Old 06-14-2012   #1
Original Poster
Thanks (Given): 227
Thanks (Received): 52
Default CS5 won't install after CS6 uninstall

I had CS5 MC installed on my system. Then I installed CS6 MC (CGPersia torrent package). Wasn't able to get CS6 running so I uninstalled it. When I did the uninstall took the 32bit apps from CS5. When I tried to re-install CS5 MC I get the following error, "Installer failed to initialize". When I look at the setup log (PDApp.log), I have the following error

[FATAL] Setup - Unable to launch PDApp. Error in performing additional copy of PDAppFlex.swf.GetLastError() = 3

I've run "adobe_creativesuite_cleaner_tool" for both CS6 and CS5. "Adobe Support Advisor" can't find anything wrong.

None of my CS5 apps when installed separately, will launch the installer, but CS6 MC installer launches and displays the "Install/Try" splash screen.

I'd like to re-install CS5 MC. Does anyone know what I need to do to get the installer to launch?

The OS is Windows 7 64
is Offline  
Old 06-14-2012   #2
GSXRuss
Thanks (Given): 9
Thanks (Received): 25
Go to Adobe and DL the Adobe CSCleaner tool - it cleans up all the mess that CS6 left behind.

Link(s):

is Offline  
Old 06-14-2012   #3
binky
Original Poster
I've run "adobe_creativesuite_cleaner_tool" for both CS6 and CS5
is Offline  
Old 06-14-2012   #4
Astorous
Thanks (Given): 534
Thanks (Received): 542
Delete all keys = regedit & all folders or for clean OS use save system.
Old 06-14-2012   #5
GSXRuss
Thanks (Given): 9
Thanks (Received): 25
Whoops - sorry. Did you de-activate your copy of CS5.5 before uninstalling? If not, that may be your problem. Uninstalling the software from a computer does not deactivate it. Deactivation is a separate process that must be completed before the software is uninstalled. If your old computer is not available, contact Adobe Support.

Most of their "help" on the matter refers to migration from one PC to another so their "fix" is to reinstall it on the old PC and then deactivate. I'm sure that doesn't help much at all.
is Offline  
Old 06-14-2012   #6
binky
Original Poster
The copy I had installed was CS5 and no I didn't deactivate. I don't remember activating it either. Did CS5 have activation.

Astorous - How do I know what keys are installed? HKLocalMachine is simple if I'm only going after Software/Adobe. I can see Adobe keys in HKClassRoot, HKCurrentUser. Are their keys in HKUser and HKCurrentConfig? Does Adobe use keys that are numeric values?

I hope I'm not making this more complicated than it need be.
is Offline