CGPersia Forums
Release Blog CGPeers IRC Chat Register FAQ
Go Back   CGPersia Forums > CGPersia Home > General CG Help & Support
Reload this Page Mari Texturing Question
General CG Help & Support Baffled by something? Ask for support here! NOT FOR SITE ISSUES OR REQUESTS

Old 12-16-2012   #1
Original Poster
Thanks (Given): 28
Thanks (Received): 1
Default Mari Texturing Question

In Mari can I load 2 different obj's that have seperate uv layouts and paint on both of the obj's to create 2 seperate textures ? At the same time.

To explain better why I want to do this, its for a military vehicle that needs camoflage type texture. But I want 2 seperate 4k textures for detail work. I m hoping Mari supports this.

Thank you in advance.
is Offline  
Old 12-16-2012   #2
ApeMaster
Thanks (Given): 199
Thanks (Received): 488
Yes & No , my friend,

you can import two obj's just as long as they are not occupying the same uv space at the same time when both are selected when painting.

however.....

No you will only be allowed to paint on one obj at a time when selected unless the objects are combined then imported with seperate uv 0 to 1 spaces for the complete hero model.

As far as two 4k dirt maps or detail maps go you can create as many as you want by creating channels for your object.

Yes Mari can support this workflow.

is Offline  
1 Thanks, 0 . - Bubba91873 thanked for this post
Old 12-17-2012   #3
Bubba91873
Original Poster
Link(s):

So if I brought the 2 obj's back into 3ds max f.e and reexported them out as a single obj and imported into mari I could paint on both of them at same time, even though they have 2 seperate uv's i.e textures ?

I laid the uv's out in uvlayout. I have used Mudbox in the past for laying out camo schemes and was hoping Mari could do what Im asking.

Thank you for the reply.
is Offline  
Old 12-17-2012   #4
ApeMaster
Thanks (Given): 199
Thanks (Received): 488
Yes,

just as long as the objects don't occupy the same zero to one uv space when combined. Just move one set of uvs to the right for the object for multiple uv workflow. This will prevent you from painting on overlapping uv's for the object & give you the desired map resolution in Mari per uv space for the single object your painting.

Regards
Ape

is Offline  
Old 12-17-2012   #5
Bubba91873
Original Poster
Link(s):

Awesome thank you very much.
Your detailed explanation is much appreciated.

Last edited by Bubba91873; 12-17-2012 at 04:02 AM.
is Offline  
Old 12-17-2012   #6
hernadorico
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 0
the desired map resolution in Mari per uv space for the single object your painting.