form•Z, the 3D form synthesizer, is above all a 3D modeling program, even though it also includes drafting, rendering and animation. Additional photorealistic rendering is offered by form•Z RenderZone Plus. It is a general purpose modeler that designers from a variety of different fields can use to create and visualize 3D forms.
A few samples of what users from distinctly different fields are doing are shown above. For a more extensive exhibition of form·Z users' work, please visit our Gallery.
It combines solids and surface modeling. It also combines faceted (boundary) representations with parametric spline representations, NURBS, patches, and metaballs. This unique mixture of modeling personalities allows you to create any form, existing or imaginary, while working in a single package.
It is a design oriented program that, not only allows you to visualize existing forms, but also to create new ones, which remain soft and tentative while they are generated. form•Z is above all a 3D form synthesizer.
Here are the main ingredients in formZ 7:
• You start with a smart interface that senses what you intend to do and protects you from unwanted actions. This includes automatic picking and automatic guides that assist you in drawing accurately.
• Fully parametric and dynamic generation of 3D forms that can be further manipulated at any time after their initial generation.
• A Reshape tool that, by capitalizing on real time Boolean operations, offers more sculpting actions that produce robust solid models that can easily be fabricated.
• Totally overhauled suite of NURBS tools combines unprecedented ease of use and power. The new NURBS analysis features aid in the evaluation and refinement of your design
• Powerful formula tools create complex curves and surfaces based on mathematical formulas with ease. The included predefined library of shapes is a launching point for a whole new method of form creation.
• Components are enhanced symbols that include the ability to edit the component directly where it is placed. Components are also embedded in project’s making them less dependant on external library files.
• The complete interface and the tool palettes are fully customizable, including the newly introduced favorites palette, where you may place the tools you use frequently for instant access.
• Newly introduced workspaces group related tools and palettes together making it easy to switch between tasks. User defined workspaces allow for creation of custom workspaces.
• The traditional form•Z drafting and modeling environments found in previous versions have been merged combining the power of both in a unified environment. This powerful combi-nation yields long desired features such as dimensions, hatching and line styles to 3D.
•Layout sheets can be used to compose different views of a model and/or sections and/ or construction details together with notes and dimensions and have it printed to send to the construction site.
• The modeling interface has been enhanced with a new shaded working environment. Traditional wire frame, hidden line, shaded full and doodle rendering are included. Photorealistic, global Illumination and sketch rendering is available with the optional RenderZone plugin.
• Dynamic clipping planes allow for non-destructive cutting of models. This real-time dynamic interface allows for complete inspection of a design.
• The new Sun Palette enables the quick evaluation of natural light in a building on any given day or time. Quickly create animation of the sun light through a day or an entire year.
• Present your designs interactively on line with the new VR creation features. These allow you to create web ready interactive panoramic and 360 object movies of your design.
• Interoperability, a traditional strength of form•Z, has further been enhanced with updated translators and a new Rhino import feature.
Models can be animated within form•Z to produce movies for presentation purposes. Or they can be fabricated using any of the contemporary 3D Printing, Rapid Prototyping, CNC, or Milling machines.
Macintosh OS X:
Macintosh computer with Intel processor.
OS X 10.6.8 or later.
Minimum: 1 GB
Recommended: 2 GB+
Hard Disk Space:
Minimum: 2 GB
Recommended: 5 GB+
credits go to Mojado and Blade ;-)
...if you find it usefull, please push thanks button ;-)