To everyone who upgraded to Windows 8 or Windows 8.1 and get the General Error window.
When you upgraded to Windows 8 or Windows 8.1, your host files were changed to default.
That means, you'd need to do the following:
1. Go to Windows -> System32 -> Drivers -> etc
2. Find the host file and right click properties. Uncheck the box that says "Read only".
3. Right click on the file and open it with Notepad.
4. Add "127.0.0.1 backup.lumion3d.com" and "127.0.0.1 activate.lumion.com"
5. Save and Do a full restart(not a quick one).
6. Open Lumion and let it load, it will display the window "General Error". But just click on it once and wait for a bit. It should then load Lumion.
Need something? Don't have a cgpeers account?
Send me a PM and I'll give you a link to my mega folder.
Share and don't resell!