Reload this Page Friendly File Hosts
Site News News related to the Blog & Forum

Old 12-02-2016, 10:30:33 AM   #1
>/dev/null
Original Poster
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 1349
Default Friendly File Hosts

There are good file hosts and then there's really bad ones.

It's recently come to our attention that some members beloved ul.to now requires free users to disable their ad blocking plug-in/add-on/extension in order to download from their pitiful site. Sorry, but that won't work for some of us and enough is enough. As of now they are officially banned and not an acceptable file host to be used on the forum.

In light of that we are interested in really good free file hosts, and by this we mean no waiting, no ad re-directs, etc. If there are any to note that fit in the really good category then feel free to post it in a reply it could bring joy to another member who might only be aware of 33 KB/s speeds and 14 hour downloads...
is Offline  
3 Thanks, 0 Dislike - johnnybob, snowden, alfbit2 thanked for this post
Old 12-02-2016, 10:36:18 AM   #2
leden001
Thanks (Given): 96
Thanks (Received): 209
Link(s):

is good, but it doesnt really last long (1 week). Speeds are unlimited. Good for Initial seeding.
is Online  
Old 12-02-2016, 10:36:50 AM   #3
alfbit2
Thanks (Given): 331
Thanks (Received): 1679
I normally prefer:

MEGA (Account requiered to upload files):
Link(s):

Zippyshare (200mb filesize limit):
Link(s):

Most of posted UL.to -Content has been copied by varius CG / Warez Sites. Those pages or better said their uploaders earn money by every download!
Old 12-02-2016, 10:41:21 AM   #4
leden001
Thanks (Given): 96
Thanks (Received): 209
Link(s):

EDIT: 2 GB limit
is Online  
Old 12-02-2016, 11:32:01 AM   #5
Runestorm
Thanks (Given): 227
Thanks (Received): 1693
I prefer to use

Link(s):

is Online  
1 Thanks, 0 Dislike - orgcha thanked for this post
Old 12-02-2016, 12:02:31 PM   #6
tehri
Thanks (Given): 851
Thanks (Received): 518
Considering 'no waiting', it's for me obvious : 1fichier.com or mega.co.nz !!!!

Since sometimes now (1 year or 2), i'm quite surprised that almost nobody here use 1fichier.com, don't know exactly why.
is Offline  
1 Thanks, 0 Dislike - orgcha thanked for this post
Old 12-02-2016, 12:31:31 PM   #7
fanvault
Thanks (Given): 57
Thanks (Received): 150
Link(s):

Allows files to stay up to 90 days, but file size limited to 100 mb.
Link(s):

Allows file to stay up to 30 days, file size limit 300 mb.
is Online  
Old 12-02-2016, 03:53:24 PM   #8
churchofanthrax
Thanks (Given): 848
Thanks (Received): 9084
Because they completely ignore DMCA takedowns I recommend Yandex
is Offline  
1 Thanks, 0 Dislike - 2snap thanked for this post
Old 12-02-2016, 04:24:57 PM   #9
prezadent
Thanks (Given): 934
Thanks (Received): 2459
File hosts?

Oh, you mean cloud based storage.
Old 12-02-2016, 06:03:44 PM   #10
CGI
>/dev/null
Original Poster
Link(s):

Yes, apparently they are one in the same from my understanding it took me forever just to stop using the term "AE line" from back in the BBS days.
is Offline  
Old 12-03-2016, 10:34:30 PM   #11
l33tissw00t
Thanks (Given): 32
Thanks (Received): 21
Thought this would interest some of you:
Link(s):

However I still agree with CGI that these sites should not be considered "friendly".
is Offline  
Old 12-03-2016, 11:15:20 PM   #12
tsar
Thanks (Given): 329
Thanks (Received): 1176
how bout vote....or make sticky thread , title allowed filehosting in this site....

Link(s):

Link(s):

Link(s):

1fichier.com
Link(s):

----etc.....
is Offline  
Old 12-04-2016, 01:45:03 AM   #13
prezadent
Thanks (Given): 934
Thanks (Received): 2459
Link(s):

You misunderstand. I was making fun of the fact that everyone is using new marketing words to describe the things we have known about for years.

'file host' is perfect terminology. God bless you, don't ever change.

Last edited by prezadent; 12-10-2016 at 12:39:43 AM.
is Offline  
Old 12-04-2016, 02:10:59 AM   #14
eingo88
Thanks (Given): 14
Thanks (Received): 0
I really like mediafire.com
is Online  
Old 12-04-2016, 09:38:57 AM   #15
Temperor
Thanks (Given): 618
Thanks (Received): 91
CGI Post,
Sorry, but that won't work for some of us, does this mean it works for most of us
if so then why the bann?
If you bann Ul.to then most of us will get nothing this would be a shame as many
posts on this site use 'Ul.to' for downloading large files and don't forget these posts
are longer alive, what i most hate are the words 'please reupload'.
The free hosters are really good but have alot of restrictions especially
for large files, that is why Ul.to, Rapidgator and many more are beeing used.

I suggest we leave it as it is, it is better to get something as not getting nothing.
is Offline  
1 Thanks, 0 Dislike - dushes10 thanked for this post
Old 12-04-2016, 10:12:11 AM   #16
cliffyle
Thanks (Given): 85
Thanks (Received): 412
Link(s):

is Offline  
Old 12-04-2016, 09:06:32 PM   #17
Sproxar
Thanks (Given): 1941
Thanks (Received): 1889
Link(s):

Just to provide a counterpoint, I find Ul.to to be so bad, that even when they're the only source for something I really want, I prefer to walk away rather than deal with them. If something is really worth getting, it will eventually be posted to a site that doesn't waste my time on captchas, download timers, throttled download speeds, and daily file limits (while trying to sell me a "faster" premium account). My peace of mind is worth more than that. I can wait.

So if it's "better to get something as not getting nothing", my vote is for posters to use better sites in the first place, so fewer of us give up in frustration.

doing my part to make the world a better place... one post at a time.
is Offline  
2 Thanks, 0 Dislike - artist4d, tehri thanked for this post
Old 12-04-2016, 09:47:11 PM   #18
muto
Thanks (Given): 1209
Thanks (Received): 323
hmm, free of captchas, download timers, throttling, spam popups ? that means ul.to is not the only one which should get a ban,
some other "beloved" ones are also not very "clean". Zippy started with popups (adblock disables download) and has a daily limit, sendfile has captchas and throtteling, rapidgator similar as sendfile, nitroflare is just lol.

So instead of a ban for such hosts, why not treat them like premium only and force the uploader to have at least one "clean" hoster.
So put a list of whitelisted and blacklisted hoster somewhere in forum, change the rules accordingly a la :
"Do NOT post links that are premium-only or treated as premium only,you must include at least a link of a white-listed hoster. Check the list (insert link here) beforehand".

This could solve the hassle, if someone doesn't like it, send him on a vacation

2 Thanks, 0 Dislike - tsar, Sproxar thanked for this post
Old 12-05-2016, 01:04:16 AM   #19
Sproxar
Thanks (Given): 1941
Thanks (Received): 1889
Link(s):

Right. It's really hard to escape some of these issues on any site these days, but my hate is usually reserved for the ones that tick all of the boxes. Even so, Ul.to is definitely not alone. We have the beginnings of a list here already, along with a lively discussion on the The Filelocker Purification Act thread, if anyone wants to educate themselves before posting. Not sure if the mods want to maintain a formal list, but the other rule of thumb uploaders can follow is: If you post a number unique and sought after assets, and still get nothing but complaints from other users, then maybe you should consider using another file host.

doing my part to make the world a better place... one post at a time.
is Offline  
1 Thanks, 0 Dislike - muto thanked for this post
Old 12-05-2016, 02:59:30 AM   #20
johnnybob
Thanks (Given): 175
Thanks (Received): 82
Thumbs up Right on

This is great news
Old 12-05-2016, 04:34:03 AM   #21
larrys
Thanks (Given): 675
Thanks (Received): 468
Link(s):

Wasn't this what the The Filelocker Purification Act thread was supposed to do?
is Offline  
1 Thanks, 0 Dislike - johnnybob thanked for this post
Old 12-05-2016, 01:03:34 PM   #22
photonew
Thanks (Given): 411
Thanks (Received): 89
Link(s):

A new player that RIGHT NOW you can download with premium rights for free.Later has plans to have prieum users that must pay some money but now is free.

---------- Post added at 01:58:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:55:41 PM ----------

Link(s):

It;s free of captcha limitations or other types of bullshit,Only a time limitation (short)

---------- Post added at 02:03:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:58:50 PM ----------

Also
Link(s):

is Offline  
Old 12-05-2016, 02:28:56 PM   #23
tsar
Thanks (Given): 329
Thanks (Received): 1176
openload ? you can use jdownloader, you even can view your file if your file is video or pict....
is Offline  
Old 12-06-2016, 04:49:24 PM   #24
CGI
>/dev/null
Original Poster
Link(s):

Free users trying use some of these hosts generally don't usually get anything other than misery. There's nothing that stops someone from splitting files up; ultimately it starts out that way where much it originates. As for a possible compromise please see the next comment...

Link(s):

Technically this could be possible, and might be an acceptable middle-ground if it were to actually work and could be enforced.

Link(s):

Unfortunately there have been a few individuals that generally only use "premium" hosts and using them seems to be their only objective, regardless of what others think. Maintaining a list in which one must be included is a good idea; this thread hopefully might help facilitate coming up with a viable one.

Link(s):

Yes, although it's been quite a while since it was created, and things have changed a bit since. This topic will likely merged with that one eventually, but for the time being it's isolated as the ban imposed may only be temporary if there's a solution to this particular issue.

Last edited by CGI; 12-06-2016 at 05:12:31 PM.
is Offline  
3 Thanks, 0 Dislike - dushes10, Sproxar, muto thanked for this post
Old 12-06-2016, 06:43:30 PM   #25
photonew
Thanks (Given): 411
Thanks (Received): 89
"Unfortunately there have been a few individuals that generally only use "premium" hosts and using them seems to be their only objective, regardless of what others think. Maintaining a list in which one must be included is a good idea; this thread hopefully might help facilitate coming up with a viable one"

That was initially what AVAX has in their boards.Remember rapidshare days? This was then! One hoster obligatory and 2-3 (whatever) user's choice.
is Offline  
Old 12-06-2016, 07:21:28 PM   #26
snowden
Thanks (Given): 490
Thanks (Received): 4999
As a few people have pointed out, you can't ban every site that causes a pain of some kind. There wouldn't be any left !!
But I fully support banning the worst offenders. The ones that tick all the boxes, as said above. If we got rid of the top 4 or 5 worst ones, that would help the situation a lot. Whats a 1 minute wait? Nothing! If all else is ok.

I can inform all those here that don't know. That the long time joke of the internet ( Nitroflare ) seems to have changed its ways. The wait time is now 2 minutes, not 3 minutes. Steady 150K, up from 20K, and no waiting time between files at all.
I just hope these changes are permanent. I can call them "usable" now.

For the users here who enjoy blistering down speeds, I can recomend Littlebyte. A very steady 15K !!!
is Online  
Old 12-06-2016, 09:50:20 PM   #27
johnnybob
Some of the people that this a "huge" let down for are the people making monetized links. I said some, not all, keep your panties on dudes! But there are alternatives that work well for free users and isnt that what this sites about...., Free & Sharing to help others gain knowledge? Not about assholes that are worried about lining there pocket-book. Chances are that if your one of those people, you can make up for the cash your gonna loose elsewhere.

Really I dont know why I say anything here, it was better when I didnt share my thoughts really, I didnt get into any trouble and I had nothing but people being friendly to me and visa~versa, now Ive managed to make a couple "unfriendly's" cause I was trying to get involved.

So if my statement above pisses you off, go **** yourself, Im not gonna get into a lil' pissing match cause you didnt like what I shared...
1 Thanks, 0 Dislike - snowden thanked for this post
Old 12-06-2016, 10:20:26 PM   #28
snowden
@johnnybob. Your words about unfriendlies had me laughing. You are right of course. Continue to speak your mind as you see fit. You are either a sheep or not. Your decision. You won't lose any real friends at all. The ones you do lose you wouldn't want as friends anyway, so you won't lose anything. There's some great people here. Spoilt by a small handful of thought domineering, self important dickheads. Now I've said that-- they should appear anytime now LOL.
is Online  
Old 12-07-2016, 12:12:53 AM   #29
фи
Thanks (Received): 39
Link(s):

In lieu of waiting for other dickheads to respond I'll try (only this once) to be a helpful one:

Link(s):

is Offline  
Old 12-07-2016, 12:56:33 AM   #30
snowden
The plugin you mention must use XSS to do its job then? And XSS is disabled in Firefox and others, to protect you from all sorts of tricks. You can uncheck the disabled box of course. This plug-in would have to enable XSS again to do its job wouldn't it? That would expose your PC to js and redirect tricks. If I've misread the way this plug works feel free to correct me of course. Does using it lower your whole internet security just to beat Uploaded.net ???
is Online  
Old 12-07-2016, 02:25:13 AM   #31
фи
Thanks (Received): 39
Actually no, it uses XPath-language to manipulate the DOM of any webpage. XSS is not enabled, and any injecting is done on the client side.
is Offline  
1 Thanks, 0 Dislike - snowden thanked for this post
Old 12-07-2016, 04:21:05 AM   #32
larrys
Thanks (Given): 675
Thanks (Received): 468
Link(s):

This could work until the free one goes bad and then never gets updated because "the premium one still works." Although that REALLY isn't any different from any link that goes down. a good insurance policy might be actually temp banniong someone that replies with a "the premium one still works." when someone asks for a re-up.
is Offline  
2 Thanks, 0 Dislike - muto, snowden thanked for this post
Old 12-07-2016, 05:36:56 AM   #33
Moxxnixx
Thanks (Given): 450
Thanks (Received): 1214
Please stay on topic. Further off-topic posts will result in infractions.

All members are encouraged to REPORT any rule violations.
is Offline  
Old 12-07-2016, 07:21:38 PM   #34
CGI
>/dev/null
Original Poster
Based on input here are the current suggestions:

Link(s):

is Offline  
5 Thanks, 0 Dislike - l33tissw00t, Ichio, Sproxar, snowden, photonew thanked for this post
Old 12-07-2016, 08:28:09 PM   #35
Drovosek
Banned
Thanks (Given): 468
Thanks (Received): 2823
Ohhh ... In this thread I rummage. Now is my time =).
1. ska4ay.com - I would like to say a few words at the expense of the host file. I used this service for a long time and that's what items can be identified:
- Max file size 700 MB (yes, yes, I was able to upload to the service weight of the files in the 699 MB, although the description says that the maximum file size of 500 MB)
- Shelf life file 30 days after the last, but there is a button that allows you to update the storage of all files. Those. if the files are no downloads, and they had to live one day, pressing the special button can be increased again during their life up to 30 days (in fact, perhaps we could write a bot that would authorize the site under your account and every 25-30 days clicked on the button)
- Unlimited number of files and volume
- A very high download speed (~ 5 MB / s)
- The service has a lot of SLR domain. the primary site is ska4ay.com, but there is also the official mirror sites, such as ska4ay.pro, rufile.net, ska4ay.net, ska4ay.pw, ska4ay.su, sfile.net, bimka.ru ......... so many mirrors they have done, because if you do not click the check box below the button to download, then your computer will download the .exe file, and if you run it, install the promotional items, and only then download the necessary files, but if you remove the tick, before you click on the site, then everything will be downloaded normally. Because of this, many sites have marked the service as a virus and had to create multiple mirrors.
- The service there are 3 types of links:
a. link to download the file through the loader [1,4 rubles for 1 download] (example: ska4ay.site/-w7fb)
b. no bootloader, but advertising and waiting 18 seconds [0.5 rubles per 1 download] (example: ska4ay.site/_w7fb)
c. free link without a loader and advertising [0 rubles per 1 download] (example: ska4ay.site/file/loader/259616)
- Purchase premium accounts system they do not, the download speed is always high

So this file hosting is perfect for sharing a not very large files.

---------- Post added at 10:28:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:18:21 PM ----------

2. cloud.mail.ru:
free space of 25 GB (you can purchase a premium account and maximum to expand up to 4 TB for 2000 rubles per month or 20,000 per year)
- the maximum file size is 2 GB (for premium account the maximum file size is 32GB)
- high-speed download
- download folders (you can download a folder weighing up to 4 GB in one zip archive and it's cool)
- in the web interface displays the size of all folders
- it is possible online to view and edit office documents, video and pictures
- tell you a secret, by the service rocld.com you can do almost direct links to the files from the cloud
----- the only negative is that there is no English interface only Russian
is Offline  
1 Thanks, 0 Dislike - l33tissw00t thanked for this post
Old 12-07-2016, 08:40:16 PM   #36
Moxxnixx
Another one that's not too bad for smaller files...
Link(s):

There are a couple of banner ads on the page, but no popups. None if you have adblock.
As an anonymous user, you can upload files up to 5GB max and will be hosted for 30 days max.
Starting at $1, you can get an account with 5GB (or more) of storage and your links will be permanent.

Free users get 10sec wait and 500KB/s dl speeds and paid accounts get 0sec wait and "unlimited" dl speeds.
is Offline  
Old 12-07-2016, 08:56:30 PM   #37
johnnybob
Link(s):

CGI mentioned those in his list above
Old 12-07-2016, 09:59:33 PM   #38
Drovosek
Banned
3. file-upload.cc:
- free space 146 GB
- 100 GB max file size
- 180 DAYS live file after last download
- 20 sec waiting + easy captcha
- 600 KB/s download speed

4. filecloud.io:
about this service, little is known, even on the official website does not describe its functionality, but the download speed with a very high (> 2MB / s) and the possibilities are endless space, and at the expense of storage can not do anything of files say, but 60 days the files are stored is exactly

5. pcloud.com:
- free space 10 GB
- max file size >10 GB
- high download speed (>2MB/s)
- download folder
- online video viewing
- unlimited file live
- save files from the cloud
------- if there is heavy traffic downloading the file, then download file is not possible

6. usersfiles.com:
- unlimited storage
- ~ 2GB max file size
- unlimited live files
- download speed ~ >2MB/s
---- little ads with click on download button

---------- Post added at 11:51:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:43:35 PM ----------

7. uptobox.com:
- free space 1 TB
- max file size 50 GB
- 90 days file live after last download
- 30 sec waiting before download
- download speed ~5MB/s (I use IDM for download)

---------- Post added at 11:59:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:51:02 PM ----------

8. disk.yandex.ru:
- free space 10 GB
- download traffic from cloud = 2 storage size your cloud
- max file size 10 GB
- unlimited live file
- download speed >2MB/s
- download folders
- online video viewing and viewing office documetns

9. drive.google.com:
- free space 15 GB
- max file size ~15 GB
- fast download speed
- unlimited file live
- online view office documents and video
------ it is difficult to create multiple accounts

Last edited by Drovosek; 12-15-2016 at 07:12:36 PM.
is Offline  
1 Thanks, 0 Dislike - l33tissw00t thanked for this post
Old 12-07-2016, 10:34:28 PM   #39
Moxxnixx
File Hoster
Max Filesize
Days Before Deletion
https://datafilehost.com512 MB60 days
https://1fichier.com50 GB30 days
https://rgho.st100 MB90 days
https://sendspace.com300 MB30 days
https://zippyshare.com200 MB30 days
https://mediafire.com10 GB?
http://trainbit.com200 MB?
https://mega.co.nz??
https://cloud.mail.ru??
https://wetransfer.comUnlimited7 days
https://new.myairbridge.com/eng/20 GB3 days
https://uploadfiles.io5 GB30 days
http://uptobox.com50 GB90 days
http://usersfiles.com5 GB365 days
https://cloud.mail.ru2 GBUnlimited
http://file-upload.cc100 GB180 days
http://ska4ay.com700 MB30 days
https://disk.yandex.ru15 GBUnlimited
https://drive.google.com15 GBUnlimited

*Subject to change without notice*

Last edited by Moxxnixx; 12-10-2016 at 11:42:10 PM. Reason: Added more hosts
is Offline  
4 Thanks, 0 Dislike - photonew, candy, Wall-e, Sproxar thanked for this post
Old 12-09-2016, 12:18:25 PM   #40
needtoknow
Thanks (Given): 46
Thanks (Received): 192
Link(s):

Seems to be doing 50% discount for 1T and 100TB deals. Not sure if this is their standard spiel or time limited but thought I'd mention it, since out of all the the paid options, $3.75* for 1T is the cheapest.

* Just saw, it's $3.75 if you pay 1 year in advance, otherwise $5/mnth
is Offline  
Old 12-09-2016, 11:30:08 PM   #41
johnnybob
Cool

Link(s):

Where is the "free" in your statement? I thought we were talking about free & speedy links here, or did that all the sudden change?
Old 12-11-2016, 12:18:19 AM   #42
pokooon
Thanks (Given): 1578
Thanks (Received): 2596
Link(s):

- regist required. - unlimit no deletion - up to 10 GB file size - 25GB strage par acount
is Online  
Old 12-12-2016, 12:42:21 AM   #43
Drovosek
Banned
https://degoo.com

100 GB free space and You can get 500 GB extra space free.........
is Offline  
Old 12-12-2016, 08:07:31 PM   #44
muto
Thanks (Given): 1209
Thanks (Received): 323
looks like we got a lot of filehoster offers, maybe very friendly to posters and with a lot of options.
But i am missing a small detail in all this offers: what about the limitations for free leechers? e.g. captchas, speed limits and so on.
Wasn't this thread about those boring limitations and to omit hoster with such behavior ?
Old 12-15-2016, 06:00:30 PM   #45
CGI
>/dev/null
Original Poster
The free hosts that we are compiling for the list are those in which none of that should be a factor. Most of them either have no limit on speed, the speed is good, or there are no other major factors involved that would be intrusive and/or cause frustration.
is Offline  
Old 12-15-2016, 09:10:40 PM   #46
requiem4adream
Thanks (Given): 11
Thanks (Received): 1
Openload.co seems just fine to me. It has no data/speed limit and waiting time is ridiculously short (4 secs). It does make you click three times before actually downloading the file, and every hit will trigger a pop up, but that doesn't really bother me as much as having to use a vpn to avoid the time-between-downloads- limit from rapidgator and other paid hosts.
is Offline  
Old 12-18-2016, 01:19:58 PM   #47
Drovosek
Banned
Link(s):

Openload.co is pretty good file hosting, BUT the files stored on it just 30 days after the last download, and 3 pop-UPS after clicking on the download button.
From zippyshare it differs only in that it is possible to upload a file larger and there's more advertising.
is Offline  
Old 12-19-2016, 02:21:42 AM   #48
requiem4adream
Thanks (Given): 11
Thanks (Received): 1
Link(s):

Yea I believe all hosts wipe your files after a certain period of inactivity. And the ads are the price you have to pay for the lack of speed/download cap. Seems fair to me.

Last edited by requiem4adream; 12-19-2016 at 02:29:52 AM.
is Offline  
Old 12-20-2016, 01:21:55 AM   #49
Drovosek
Banned
http://onecloud.media/
On this cloud storage says "All unlimited"
is Offline  
Old 12-24-2016, 09:24:35 AM   #50
churchofanthrax
Thanks (Given): 848