CGPersia Forums
Release Blog CGPeers IRC Chat FAQ
Go Back   CGPersia Forums > Off Topic > Off-Topic Discussion
Reload this Page AND THIS IS WHY THE INDUSTRY IS DEAD: 5,900+ Professional Lightroom Presets
Off-Topic Discussion Freely chit-chat about anything

Old 05-18-2017, 02:21:13 AM   #1
Original Poster
Thanks (Given): 348
Thanks (Received): 1939
Default AND THIS IS WHY THE INDUSTRY IS DEAD: 5,900+ Professional Lightroom Presets

Link(s):

Has anyone seen this nonsense?
5,900+ "Professional" Lightroom Presets for $29.00

I'm sure we can gather everything from this site and 12 others and not come close to half of what they are trying to sell in this bundle, I can see the 17 hours of boot time for lightroom now, so slow and lagging, how can you possibly remember what and where to go for the last preset you used?

https://www.photowhoa.com/deals/5900...5900-Lightroom
1 Thanks, 0 Dislike - radoman thanked for this post
Old 05-18-2017, 09:10:22 PM   #2
zov
Thanks (Given): 166
Thanks (Received): 173
Going back a little in time .. How difficult it was to be a photographer in the analogue era. The person had to have technical knowledge, knowledge of colors, of revelation, etc. Everything much more complicated. Nowadays with digital cameras and these programs, anyone can take a photo that looks beautiful. It is obvious that a good photographer is still a good photographer and stands out. But the photography area is full of aspirants.

My area, modeling and 3D animation, is more complicated. Many aspirants start thinking it is easy but quit soon. Even so, it is flooded with people charging a very low price.
is Offline  
1 Thanks, 0 Dislike - Deephuck thanked for this post
Old 05-18-2017, 09:23:01 PM   #3
danfuerth
Thanks (Given): 36
Thanks (Received): 270
Well think of NASA and their Augmented VR set.
How do you think they feel getting caught with a Harness that was not removed by the VR channel camera on the ISS.
CLEARLY visible Harness on the Astronaut floating around in the back .

Start at 10:22 to see the Astronaut and NASA getting completely DESTROYED by showing the Harness rig around the waist .
Link(s):

Now you know and you are awake and you now know NASA is using Augmented VR with the Ioptik Eye contacts which they used to engage with CGI objects.

This latest debacle is proof for people to ask where $20 billion US per year are really going to a hoax that is now pushing 50+ years.

Last edited by danfuerth; 05-18-2017 at 09:33:16 PM.
is Online  
Old 05-18-2017, 11:12:31 PM   #4
Zylon
Thanks (Given): 93
Thanks (Received): 149
Link(s):

Watching the film Capricorn One, you start to wonder...did man really land on the moon? I've seen that many videos claiming that the late 60's moon landing was faked and the footage was full of mistakes. Americans think they are so great but remember, this Super Power had their arses severely kicked by a tiny little country called Vietnam.
Old 05-19-2017, 04:14:00 AM   #5
Sproxar
Thanks (Given): 2016
Thanks (Received): 1943
Link(s):

The things conspiracy nuts believe never cease to amaze me. Funny they don't believe the overwhelming evidence for the moon landings but still believe in Trump.

Link(s):

PS. In Capricorn One, they tried to kill the "astronauts" to cover up the fake Mars landing. In real life, they'd have had to kill a lot more than the 12 men that history claims have walked on the moon. What about the thousands of others involved in the Apollo program? What about all of the spooks and film makers and special effects people needed to actually fake something like that, back in the 60s, when you couldn't just use CG? Trump can't even stop a handful of Whitehouse staffers from leaking stuff on a daily basis, and you're saying everyone involved in this conspiracy has kept a lid on it for nearly 50 years? They must have all had their memories wiped by the space aliens that are really in charge.

doing my part to make the world a better place... one post at a time.

Last edited by Sproxar; 05-19-2017 at 04:35:19 AM.
is Offline  
2 Thanks, 0 Dislike - Deephuck, rune0077 thanked for this post
Old 05-19-2017, 12:22:13 PM   #6
Zylon
Thanks (Given): 93
Thanks (Received): 149
Link(s):

Good point. America is so full of BS, you don't know what to believe, if anything. My daughter once said that when you die, the good people go to Heaven while the bad people go to America.
Old 05-19-2017, 01:38:55 PM   #7
rune0077
Thanks (Given): 220
Thanks (Received): 702
- Takes 20 minutes to set up the model and scene
- Takes 5 minutes to take the photograph.
- Takes 8 hours browsing through presets in Lightroom to find the right one.
3 Thanks, 0 Dislike - Deephuck, Zylon, radoman thanked for this post
Old 05-19-2017, 02:54:23 PM   #8
HRC
Thanks (Given): 3
Thanks (Received): 23
Link(s):

Maybe you should turn your T.V. off then. I expect you still believe Saddam had WMDs. Anyone who still uses the term 'Conspiracy' to intimidate and silence others into the mass conformity of the state has been totally seduced by the media and their lives are lived as a proxy of the mass media. Your governments are self-serving scum who lie everytime they open their mouths. Voting for them is like choosing which gun to be shot with. They cultivate contented, free-range slaves to toil on their plantations.

Link(s):

is Offline  
2 Thanks, 0 Dislike - Deephuck, Hawkeye thanked for this post
Old 05-19-2017, 02:58:32 PM   #9
radoman
Thanks (Given): 5167
Thanks (Received): 5611
Personally, I do not love flat earth idea.... This mean no intergalactic voyages, no space nazi zombies, Amazon on the moon and all this nice stuff.
And if world is really flat, then let it be this
Link(s):

is Online  
Old 05-19-2017, 03:41:30 PM   #10
rune0077
Thanks (Given): 220
Thanks (Received): 702
Link(s):

Contented? When was the last time you met anyone content with government? If that is the ultimate goal of the super secret lizardmen-run Illuminati, to create content citizens, then they have historically done a piss poor job at it.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: People invent conspiracies for the same reason they invent gods, because they need to believe that there is some purpose and intelligence behind things. If your loved ones gets run over, how can you accept that it was just an accident or a glitch in the technology of a car? Much more comfortable to blame the conspiracy or get mad at God. Then at least it happened for a reason, because someone willed it. In truth, all there is is randomness and chaos. We are products of coincidence, not conspiracy.
Old 05-19-2017, 05:56:43 PM   #11
Hawkeye
Thanks (Given): 3508
Thanks (Received): 11129
"Trump can't even stop a handful of Whitehouse staffers from leaking stuff on a daily basis".

It would be so easy to find out who leaked certain info if you didn't want that info leaked. But if you do want it lekked, only then does it become impossible to find out who the culprit was.

Marriage is an intolerable obstacle to individualistic evolution.

The authority of those who teach is often an obstacle to those who want to learn
is Online  
Old 05-20-2017, 02:20:48 AM   #12
BiggBirdd
Thanks (Given): 9409
Thanks (Received): 5228
He who dies with the most plugins wins.

is Offline  
Old 05-20-2017, 06:40:33 AM   #13
Deephuck
Original Poster
Thanks (Given): 348
Thanks (Received): 1939
Link(s):

This literally made me LOL-ed harder than I should!

I don't know how my plugin post ended up with tin hats, faux moon landing and how much everyone else hates Mango Orange Vienna Sausage finger, grab them by the pussy as much as the citizens under him, but this broke that cycle, Thank you!

I'm just gonna give everyone above a thank you, just smile and wave boys, smile and wave.

---------- Post added at 06:32:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:29:44 AM ----------

Link(s):

YES! ahahaha! Well dont foget the 8 hours for all these plugins to load into lightroom first, that thing has to be so laggy!

---------- Post added at 06:34:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:32:15 AM ----------

Link(s):

That always gets me, like 3000 engineers, over 500 interns, 300 secretaries, maintenance workers, clerks, material purchasers, labs that produce technologies, sensors, companies who made suits, mathematicians, etc etc... where they killed off too?

---------- Post added at 06:40:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:34:56 AM ----------

Link(s):

I'm happy your field has not been flooded by a sea of trash yet, and I hope it stays this way for a long time, IG and Snap chat now has made everyone a pro with add a filter here and a sun flare there wala.

I mean we all have eyes for vision, and we all can learn a craft, but not everyone can be artistic.
People act as if they can just go into a home repair store, buy some wood, some doors, a couple of windows and this automatically makes them an architect.

I love the fact we live in an age where things are much cheaper and everyone can learn on youtube and communities like this exist where we can share great products to better our craft, but 6000 plugins!!! Really?

FAUX-TOGRAPHERS and Camera owners is what they are!

I hate giving digital files to clients, I always aim for prints, but if they do get some social media size files, I beg them not to "Retouch them"... nothing worst than looking at your hard work with you logo and watermark and they add a shitty filter to it. The pain!
Old 05-27-2017, 08:03:17 PM   #14
robledo
Thanks (Given): 53
Thanks (Received): 70
Link(s):

Wrestling is real - people are fake
is Offline