CGPersia Forums
Release Blog CGPeers IRC Chat FAQ
Go Back   CGPersia Forums > CGPersia Home > Site Suggestions & Site Errors & Everything related to CGP
Reload this Page The current situation of CGPeers & Upload permissions
Site Suggestions & Site Errors & Everything related to CGP Got a suggestion? Let us know. Also post any site errors here.

Old 10-11-2017, 01:57:07 PM   #1
Original Poster
Thanks (Given): 237
Thanks (Received): 1829
Default The current situation of CGPeers & Upload permissions

Hey everybody,

As most of you noticed already, after a malware flood on CGPeers, Admins decided that everyone now needs to ask for upload permission once to upload files again.

While this makes sense from a security standpoint, the way people are supposed to get their permissions back is poorly implemented.

In the night time of US East Coast there is no mod in IRC available and many users join IRC at these hours.
Does the administration plan on continuing this way or is that just a temporary solution? I'm asking because I see a lot of people who want to share valuable content at CGPeers, but have no option to do so, because the only time they can be online, there is no mod around to give them permissions back. And sometimes I see the same people for days in IRC, asking every day for permissions.

Sincerely,
Runestorm.
Old 10-11-2017, 06:43:32 PM   #2
willey07
Thanks (Given): 781
Thanks (Received): 26
Link(s):

Would it not be possible to get permission day 1 then upload on day 2.
is Online  
Old 11-23-2017, 06:16:38 PM   #3
vanark326
Thanks (Given): 46
Thanks (Received): 283
oh, cant be online at right time, on east coast time can only be online at night, getting upload permissions back poorly implemented, takes days to get admins to personalty edit account permissions... jesus, cry me a river.

You bitch but offer no alternative solution, so what was the point? And someone who can't be online but for a few hours at night, really shouldn't be creating torrents..
is Offline  
Old 11-23-2017, 06:20:54 PM   #4
ozboz
Thanks (Given): 23
Thanks (Received): 8
Well I asked once but didn't get permission since you can upload fonts but not the Suitcase font manager. And you can upload 3D model of cars but not a collection of commercial cars without putting details of every car posted with the upload. So for that matter it is not really clear.

I don't really mind because it saves me time but think it's too bad for those who liked my uploads. Nothing wrong though with some restrictions since nobody wants the mess here as it's on another site like this.
is Online  
Old 11-23-2017, 07:35:33 PM   #5
calebchosen
Thanks (Given): 130
Thanks (Received): 2
vanark326 sounds like a total douche. seems like you have no contribution either when it comes to this subject. just flapping gums.
is Offline  
1 Thanks, 0 Dislike - johnnybob thanked for this post
Old 11-23-2017, 09:26:58 PM   #6
vanark326
Thanks (Given): 46
Thanks (Received): 283
Link(s):

well, your not wrong.

...except the total douche thing.
is Offline  
Old 11-23-2017, 11:39:49 PM   #7
johnnybob
Thanks (Given): 369
Thanks (Received): 234
Cool Em hmm....

Link(s):

Im sure that it will get worked out as soon as it can, admin'ing a site is a total pain in the ass job thats done by volunteer's that are hand picked to do such a job because they seem fit for the task, and that is no easy chore in itself. So if they are short staffed that wouldn't be a surprise would it? They will choose someone thats fit for the job to help during the graveyard shift, have some patience.

So your sayin'...... that your only a 1/4 or half a douche? Just not totally ate up with douche baggery right? It sounded somewhat douchey' dude.... just sayin'