CGPersia Forums
Release Blog CGPeers IRC Chat FAQ
Go Back   CGPersia Forums > CGPersia Home > General CG Help & Support
Reload this Page Question for 3D Max 2018 User
General CG Help & Support Baffled by something? Ask for support here! NOT FOR SITE ISSUES OR REQUESTS

Old 09-12-2017, 06:41:04 PM   #1
Original Poster
Thanks (Given): 126
Thanks (Received): 462
Default Question for 3D Max 2018 User

i am not in a hurry to switch to max 2018 as my systems are setup nicely for max 2017.

the 2018 update brings not much to the table that i desperately want or need ... it was really a lackluster release.
but now that some time has passed, i would like to hear about your opinion.

is there anything in 2018 that is worth upgrading... even for free?
Link(s):

something thatīs maybe not listed in the product release but you found useful (sometimes autodesk does small changes they donīt mention).

i am always in need for better viewport performance.
itīs always promised to be better than before... but to be honest it still sucks.
if viewport speed with a LOT of polys is be better, that would be a reason to upgrade.

ps: to the kid here who just now thinks about replying "try it yourself".
i have a job... and once you move on from your moms cellar you will notice that free time is precious.
is Online  
Old 09-12-2017, 07:21:42 PM   #2
MSReferee
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 300
I'm a 3dsmax user more than 10 years, but, from version of 2017, it let me don't want to update, and for now 2018.

It's really not too much significance to update, new UI icons?? new draggable interface?? Oh it's enough!
Maybe Arnold for max is a point to update to 2018, but there is Coroner Render much great for now, and Vray 3.6, redshift, Octane and FStorm, they are also good.

So, what reason or significance for update?? For me, stop in 2016 that's enough, at most to update to 2017 for a 'Place Tool', that's it.
is Offline