Obvious: all these are demo versions!
No retails exist, no one has ever seen them.
The missing code is restored with the help of the only version dropped by leemoo, and the release probably will not be ever genuinely perfect. Sure, it is possible to polish it till the end of the year verifying every single value while the program executes, however, the amount of the code is not too much, as it may seem, to miss something serious in, having already reviewed it several times while making for other versions with retesting, so let's just make a release eventually. As might be expected, by this one - unlike the latest in the neighbor thread - the whole code has been copy-&-fixed with many data verified again because of multiple differences in versions and changes between the five 3ds Max APIs.
1. Choose your version and copy the folder's files into your 3ds Max root.
Almost no limitations:
• No simulation plain text format (*.hst).
• No Hair To Poly
- add HairTo Poly
- Right Click -> Convert To Editable Poly / Mesh / Patch.
• No Hair To Splines
- add HairTo Splines
- Right Click -> Convert To Editable Spline. Latest history since so-called Beta 1:
- Fixed saving mesh vertex indices which caused *invalid hair mesh* before (finally!).
- Fixed saving in HairGenerate modifier when it is set to Uniform Distribution and Hair Count is zero.
- Fixed Undo/Redo when simulation is imported which caused random memory size allocation.
- Brush/Simulation import and export now directly read and write files without using RAM.
- Simulation MaxScript has been restored. The methods are ImportSimDataBin and ExportSimDataBin in HairMesh Sim modifier. The ExportSimDataBin was simplified however:
returns TRUE: when simulation data does exist and succeeded to write file.
returns FALSE: when simulation data does not exist or failed to write file.
- HairFarm.ms script has been included in scripts\Startup folder to remove the two menu items. Added 2010/2011:
- Fixed crash on clicking Keep Root Faces in HairMesh to Poly (all versions).
Additional collected information: