Go Back   CGPersia Forums > CG Requests > Models - Requests
Reload this Page Far Cry 3 Character Models
Models - Requests Post Your Models Requests Here

Old 12-17-2012   #1
Original Poster
Thanks (Given): 51
Thanks (Received): 7
Default Far Cry 3 Character Models

Ive been searching everywhere to for a script/plugin/tool to import/convert the Far Cry 3 character mesh files into a 3D program like max/maya/blender, but I cant find anything.

I can provide the Dunia engine Character meshes which uses the .xbg file format which I was able to extract. I just want a way to get those models in a 3D program.

Any help would be awesome!

---------- Post added 12-17-2012 at 03:24 PM ---------- Previous post was 12-16-2012 at 04:27 PM ----------

Just an UPDATE:

I found a very nifty tool called NinjaRipper. It allows you to dump geometry and textures that is being rendered on your screen! It has been updated to support DirectX 11 games

SO... im in the process of Importing some female characters, the UVs are scaled waaay up , so I need to fit all the uvs for all geometry pieces. After that I will make sure all the textures are assigned properly (diffuse,spec,normal etc.) And then finally I will rig them and skin them, I will think about facial bones/morphs later...

The females im working on are : Citra, Daisy and Liza.

Dont ask for me for any other models at the moment. I will use the spare time I have to get those 3 models ready first!
is Offline