CGPersia Forums
Release Blog CGPeers IRC Chat Register FAQ
Go Back   CGPersia Forums > CGPersia Home > General CG Help & Support
Reload this Page Realflow Problem Help Appreciated
General CG Help & Support Baffled by something? Ask for support here! NOT FOR SITE ISSUES OR REQUESTS

Old 10-23-2010   #1
Original Poster
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 0
Unhappy Realflow Problem Help Appreciated

Hi I hope this is the right place

I've spent the last two days trying to realflow 5.0.1 working (I even tried the older v5 when I couldnt get 5.0.1 to work and still have the same problems).

I'm on windows 7 64 bit, I've tried using 64bit and 32bit cracks - neither work.

Whenever I try to import the provided lisence, it tells me it's invalid. I've searched everywhere for the answer, I've tried installing it tons of different times and ways and redownloaded it from different places, I've tried cleaning out all traces of it from my registry files (someone suggested this). I just can't crack () the problem.

I'd be indescribably grateful if anyone could provide insight or a solution to this issue.

Here are examples of downloads I've tried:

http://forum.cgpersia.com/f13/next-l...-xforce-17838/

Thanks!
is Offline  
Old 10-23-2010   #2
Tara
Thanks (Given): 2
Im not familiar with this one (xforce)....

The one I have, as well as the crack, I had to delete the demo license from the license manager and replace it with the
one that was provided.

Is this the same?

Its a 32bit one I have, but Im happy to u/l it for ya if you want to try this?
is Offline  
Old 10-23-2010   #3
Nirrol
Thanks (Given): 491
Thanks (Received): 1998
In the XForce 5.0 release the instructions leave out a step - you need to replace a DLL with the one in the crack file before trying to import the new license. Maybe it's the same in 5.01, but definitely works in 5.0 on Win7 x64
Old 10-23-2010   #4
fazeshift
Original Poster
Here's what I'm doing step by step (and I've tried it tons of different ways to try and make it work ):

-I extract the downloaded file into my downloads.

-I run realflow_v5_0_1_0152_x86_64.exe as administrator and install it.

-I take RFGUI_x64.dll from the crack and move it into my realflow 5 install directory, replacing the one that was already there.

-I delete the demo_license.txt file in my realflow 5 directory.

-I move my license.txt file located in the download into my realflow 5 directory.

-I run realflow 5 as administrator.

-I instantly get greeted by a small grey box, telling me "No valid licenses were found".

-I click ok.

-I'm greeted by a grey realflow license box, with the options "New license" and "Remove license" on the right hand side of the box.

-It's important to note that there's already a license listed in the license manager, so I click remove to get rid of it.

-I then click onto New license and then select "from file..." (although the result is no different if I copy and paste the text directly), and select my license.txt.

-When I click ok realflow tells me it's an invalid license - and that's as far as I get.

Thanks for the answers so far, I'd appreciate if any has any fresh ideas they let me know - I used to use realflow 4 without problem.
is Offline  
Old 10-23-2010   #5
Dave
Thanks (Given): 397
Thanks (Received): 452
a few things, will not fix your problem, just in case...

1-you dont have to remove the demo license from your directory
2-you were supposed to paste the crack and the license.txt at the same time lol, its not like that make any difference, but that means you're not following the instructions

try not to import license from file, just open license.txt by hand, copy it, and paste on realflow license window

other than that, i have no idea whats your problem. try to clear anything related to realflow from your computer/registry, download RF again, and try everything again. if possible, try to install it on another computer, and see if the same happens
is Offline  
Old 10-23-2010   #6
fazeshift
Original Poster
I've tried all of the above, but thanks for the suggestions - I'm not an expert on registry files and stuff, but I did use regedit and search+delete all iterations of realflow from files (this was after I couldn't find anyway to get it to work).

I haven't tried installing it onto another computer, but I'm not sure what good it would do me since this is the one I need to use it on

If anyone else has an ideas it would be appreciated!
is Offline  
Old 10-24-2010   #7
Nirrol
Thanks (Given): 491
Thanks (Received): 1998
I have just downloaded v5.01 and installed it over the top of v5.0.
I didn't run the app but skipped ahead and installed the Licence Manager crack (because I already had it installed for Renderkit)
Then I ran Realfow and it didn't ask for a licence.
Old 10-24-2010   #8
mersenne
Thanks (Given): 607
Thanks (Received): 75
Have you checked that windoze actually replace those files? (check the time-date and compare between the ones in your rf dir and the ones from the crack).
Win explorer asks you the usual "replace-cancel-skip-rename" routine, but even if you clicked "replace", sometimes it doesn't get replaced (Although it doesn't give you any error, so obviously one would think it replaced the file succesfully)

It happened to me with some apps before I turned off all those annoying win7 bugs (M$ calls them features though).
If that's the case, try to copy it manually using command line.
is Offline  
Old 10-30-2010   #9
fulgin
Thanks (Given): 246
Thanks (Received): 324
hi everyone !!
what is the problem with the magic Daemons
if i simulate my project a few frame he give a crash and close window
any help!!
is Offline  
Old 11-01-2010   #10
fulgin
guys!!! any help!!!?
is Offline  
Old 11-01-2010   #11
Aniki
Thanks (Given): 60
Thanks (Received): 492
fulgin, keep objects you use with the magic daemon as lowres as possible, avoid uneven polygons, use a well defined, relaxed topo, tiny areas with many polys tend to f-up pretty fast.

use appropriate fluid settings, enough memory, minimum 4 GB, x64 system etc. most crashes in realflow actually happen because of a memory problem.
is Offline  
1 Thanks, 0 . - fulgin thanked for this post
Old 11-02-2010   #12
fulgin
thank you very much my friend Aniki for helping me
All right I will trying....
i have memory speed 3GB CPU: 2.4GHZ Core2Duo (2CPUs)
Nvidia GForce 9400 GT Card....
Soon I will change the computer's specifications....

Last edited by fulgin; 11-02-2010 at 10:08 AM.
is Offline  
Old 11-06-2010   #13
badstuber
Thumbs up

Link(s):

thanks alot that got mine working!!!
is Offline  
Old 01-12-2014   #14
Kupun
Thanks (Received): 1
Hi.

Maybe it will help some people, but I had also the same problem for Realflow 2013.
When I copied the licence in the licence installer, I just changed 2012 to 2013 and it worked !

Hope it will help some people
is Offline  
1 Thanks, 0 . - CinoTheDrummer thanked for this post
Old 01-13-2014   #15
CinoTheDrummer
Thanks (Given): 4
Thanks Kupon, you saved me !
is Offline