CGPersia Forums
Release Blog CGPeers Register FAQ IRC Chat
Go Back   CGPersia Forums > CGPersia Home > General CG Help & Support
Reload this Page trying to install Victoria 4.2 in Poser pro 2014
General CG Help & Support Baffled by something? Ask for support here! NOT FOR SITE ISSUES OR REQUESTS

Old 07-07-2013   #1
Original Poster
Thanks (Given): 10
Thanks (Received): 5
Default trying to install Victoria 4.2 in Poser pro 2014

hey folks i'm a total n00b to poser so bear with me. i have poser 10.01.1.25099 installed on a Win 7 64x machine (along with 32bit) trying to install/load Victoria 4.2 Pro Bundle id=10337&torrentid=10333 i get an error saying "error reading INI file C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\DAZ\dzInstall.ini" so do i need to install DAZ? if so does it have to be 32bit? i just want a good Victoria model for Poser Pro 2014. any help or advice would be most appreciated. thanks!

Last edited by PervisMaximus; 09-09-2013 at 07:22 AM. Reason: change title
is Offline  
Old 07-08-2013   #2
partial2buns
Thanks (Given): 12
Thanks (Received): 1
PervisMaximus you do not need to install Daz Studio.
If the install file is an exe then this is a probably an error that used to happen with some of the older installers. Try this:
Make a new blank text file and name it dzInstall.ini then place it where your error message says it is looking...
C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\DAZ\
If the folder does not exist, just make one and put your ini file there. It should then install OK.
is Online  
1 Thanks, 0 . - PervisMaximus thanked for this post
Old 07-08-2013   #3
PervisMaximus
Original Poster
your awsome! now for the next n00b question. what directory should i put her in?
i chose the most backward compatible option at setup for poser pro 2014.

[edit2] ok it looks like she has to be installed in the same folder as the applications executable. it looks for Poser.exe which doesn't exist since the executable is called PoserPro.exe.
added a dummy file by renaming a an empty txt file to Poser.exe and putting it in the poser Pro 2014 directory. SUCCESS!

thank you so much for the help!

Last edited by PervisMaximus; 07-08-2013 at 09:23 AM.
is Offline  
Old 07-08-2013   #4
CadLeacher
Thanks (Given): 65
Thanks (Received): 181
lol...Pervis the Pervert
is Offline  
1 Thanks, 0 . - PervisMaximus thanked for this post
Old 08-13-2013   #5
jontz71
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 0
Default Installing Victoria 4.2 poser 2014 pro win7 Issue

having the hardest time installing Victoria 4.2 as the installing demands i place the files in where the poser executable. there is no folder icon to find the path to my poser 2014 .exe. manually type the path and still get the same error. put in path to .exe.

must also add i have my poser 2014 installed on ""D:" drive vs the main "C" as i need the space.

anyone have any work arounds ??

on a second unrelated issue :
everytime i apply a walk cycle to victoria 4.0 she walks on her toes as if in heels. tried BVH file but no luck with those on any poser built in characters. the BVH seems to only hit them below the belt and they top half stays in T pose.

anyone go through this ?
is Offline  
Old 09-09-2013   #6
PervisMaximus
Original Poster
you should be able to navigate to the other drive and point to the Poser folder. have you tried going up in folder levels to "my computer"?
also remember to make an empty text file in your poser folder and rename it Poser.exe

yeah, i'm wondering about the walking on toes thing myself. i see pro's rendering them the same way.
maybe they assume we are going to throw pumps on em.
is Offline  
Old 12-30-2013   #7
Loomy69za
Thanks (Given): 49
Thanks (Received): 74
I highly recomend and in fact in some cases it necessary to have your base figures & morphs (not injections) installed to your primary folder. which is mostly your poser/ds directory, unless youve opted for the external directory, in which case you can set that initially to the drive with space. Try to have all other content (props, scenes, character packs etc - non core stuff) installed to an entirely seperate folder, or folders - when you have mega gigs of crap, its nice somtimes to turn off non-essential folders inside the library. also try to avoid installing DSON or non-poser install files to ur poser directories - rather have a seperate one thats linked through library.

With regards to the heel thing, its a PITA, and for Daz Studio i fix it through some scripts from SHARECG.COM or if using aniblocks, u can create an underlying aniblock once off that corrects the feet/figure accordingly, and you can load it in future without having to repeat the process - this same technique is used to convert Vicky/Mike aniblocks to Genesis.

With regards to Poser heel correction, im not sure or long forgotten, my best guess is using setup room, but a quick google or search on smithmicro forum should put you in the right direction.

Also to save you time in future - instead of loading V4.2 then the individual morphs - ++/elite/steph w/e rather load 4.2 into blank scene, apply all the morph packs, then save that figure to your library - same applies for Daz Studio - will save you oodles of time.
is Offline